(During March, I am blogging daily as a part of the Slice of Life Story Challenge!)
So life happens to you.
Challenges in life are pretty common and often fit into these descriptors.
1. Problems are inevitable. If you don’t encounter problems, check your pulse. Are you alive?
2. Problems are unpredictable. If you could plan for that flat tire, it would NOT be during a blizzard.
3. Problems in life come in all sizes and shapes. You may have a big problem today and three little problems tomorrow. It varies.
You will be remembered for your response to the challenges that face you!
What is your response to adversity?
A. Do you turtle up?
Pull your head and your legs inside your shell. Protect yourself by withdrawing inside yourself. Leave a calm expression on your face while every muscle is itching to “run” somewhere. . . anywhere!
B. Do you say, “Thank You for this Wonderful Opportunity to show the world what I am made of!”
Hold your head up high. Make a plan in order to be better prepared for similar events in the future. Plan to “learn” from this event. Be thankful that you have your “mistake” for the day and plan for a better rest of the day.
C. Do you make a list of pros and cons and then carefully consider your actions?
Thoughtful. Considering multiple possibilities. Consulting others. Allowing emotions to subside so hasty decisions are not made that end up backing someone into a corner. The ability to ask: Is this really that big of an issue? Sure it is annoying, but does it really matter in the bigger scheme of life?
Which response is the most like you?
Your response shows your level of perseverance and endurance and includes:
- The ability to stay until the purpose is accomplished.
- The ability to stay under pressure.
- The ability to keep on keeping on.
- The ability to hang in there.