Yesterday, I introduced the ILA definition of Independent Reading and a Green IS and Red IS NOT table for you to consider. (Link)
- Study the definition: How does it match your beliefs?
- Read through the “WHY” in this Literacy Daily post from ILA:
3. Read the Literacy Leadership Brief: “Creating Passionate Readers through Independent Reading” (link)
4. Review the questions to begin thinking about your responses
5. Question 4 refers to Dr. Rudine Sims Bishop’s work and you can refresh your understanding here.
7. Participate in the #ILAchat!
The definition for Independent Reading from ILA
What does that mean?
How well does your independent reading align with the definition?
What have you changed or tweaked?
How has that impacted student reading, especially student joy and passion for reading?