(During March, I am blogging daily as a part of the Slice of Life Story Challenge!)
What’s on my bucket list?
Here are some possibilities (no particular order)
- Travel to Europe
- Go on a cruise
- Go to a college football bowl game
- Sleep on a beach
- Watch the sunset with the love of my life
- Write a book
- Be a building principal
- Spend the Christmas holidays on the San Antonio boardwalk
- Have a summer family reunion
- As an adult, vacation/travel with my parents
- Design and build a house
- Go white-water rafting
- Drive in a mud-run
- Own my own motorcycle
- Ride a motorcycle to the top of Pike’s Peak
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Canoe and camp overnight on the river
- Spend 24 hours reading for fun
- Have an article published for $
- Develop a class for teachers about writing
Halt the presses!
(Couldn’t resist! – small pun; wordpress blog)
Oh, my goodness, a list of 20 things
That I have already DONE!
What about the list of things YET to be done? Is it really that I have gone so many places and done so many things? Or is it a sign of my wise old age that I have done the things that I wanted throughout the years?
My REAL bucket list:
- Peace on Earth because Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait the day my son was born. The name or the location of bullies may have changed but basic human freedoms are important world-wide.
My DREAM list – I dream of a world where
- Thoughtfulness, kindness and respect for people of all ages, races, color, creed, sexual orientation is not only valued but is the order of the day
- All people would have basic necessities to not only survive but to thrive
- Natural curiosity is encouraged and welcomed
- The physical and emotional well-being of every person was equally important to everyone
- Hatred would be wiped from the face of the Earth
And purely personal wishes:
- Congress members would be required to personally serve in the military (or spouse/children) before he/she could vote to send troops outside the continental USA (or maybe as a prerequisite to running for office). There is a uniquely different perspective when it becomes personal and a part of your waking life.
- Congress members would get 1 / 2 the annual average teacher pay raise when all 5 of these are met :
- paid based on their performance (Pass a budget each year or NO pay)
- must work at least 200 days per year
- no retirement as they cannot serve over 20 years
- no campaigning until 60 days before reelection
- maximum campaign expenditures of $ 100,000 per term served
Just a few of the thoughts roaming inside my head!
Do you have a bucket list? Or a dream list?
The inspiration for this post came from http://lifeunexpected811.wordpress.com/2014/03/05/my-bucket-list/ Go check out the variety in that exhaustive list!
Please read the comments below! Readers have added some excellent ideas for Congress!